Dental Services that Can Address Tooth Gaps
Frequently Asked Questions About
Here are some signs that you might have tooth gaps:
- Your teeth look widely spaced apart.
- Gaps are seen between your teeth when you smile or talk.
- Food frequently gets caught in these spaces.
- Inflammation or damaged gums around the gap.
The spaces between your teeth can cause many oral problems, such as:
- Food and plaque more easily build up in the gaps;
- Difficulty keeping your teeth clean, which can lead to tooth decay or gum disease.
- Problems with chewing and speaking.
- The shifting of nearby teeth which can affect your bite.
- Bad breath due to the build-up of food and bacteria.
It’s essential to keep your teeth and gums clean to help prevent complications. Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day. Use interdental brushes or dental floss to clean between the spaces every day.
Visit a qualified dentist regularly for professional tooth cleaning and check-ups. They can also advise you on treatment options to manage your tooth gaps.
Depending on the severity of your gapped teeth, your dentist may suggest one or more of the following treatments:
- Dental veneers
- Dental crowns
- Dental bonding
If you have any questions and want a more detailed explanation, please schedule an appointment with us. The caring dentists here will do a full assessment and help you decide which procedure is right for you.