Dental Services that Can Address
Frequently Asked Questions About
If you notice any of the following symptoms, you may have bite problems:
- Uneven wear on your teeth
- Accidentally biting your cheek or tongue
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain or clicking
- Discomfort or pain when eating
The different types of bite problems are the following:
- Overbite: The upper teeth overlap the bottom teeth too much.
- Underbite: The bottom teeth protrude past the top teeth.
- Crossbite: The upper teeth bite on the inside of the lower teeth.
- Open bite: There is a space between the biting surfaces of your upper and lower front teeth.
- Crowding: Your teeth are too close together and overlap.
- Spacing: There are spaces between your teeth.
It is best to visit the dentist if you are experiencing any of the following:
- You have pain in the jaw or facial muscles.
- You have difficulty or pain when chewing.
- You notice changes in the way your teeth meet when you bite.
- Your teeth are wearing down, chipping or breaking.
- Your jaw clicks, pops, or locks when moving it.
- You’re experiencing frequent headaches.
If you think you may have a bite problem, schedule an appointment with the friendly dentists at our clinic. They will be able to assess your bite and determine the ideal course of treatment.