Dental Services that
Frequently Asked Questions About
Missing teeth can cause several serious problems, including:
- Difficulty chewing and eating
- Difficulty speaking
- Bone loss in the jaw
- Teeth shifting out of place, leading to an improper bite
- Facial sagging and changes in your appearance
- Jaw joint disorders and muscle pain
- Poor nutrition due to chewing problems
- Increased risk of gum disease
To prevent these complications, it’s important to seek treatment for missing teeth as soon as possible.
Restoring missing teeth can significantly improve your quality of life. These are some of the benefits you will experience:
- Improved chewing and eating
- Better speech and pronunciation
- Maintaining a youthful appearance
- A boost in your confidence
- Improved overall oral health
Although many options are available to replace missing teeth, dental implants are the ideal choice. They are the only option that stimulate the jawbone and prevent it from deteriorating. Dental implants can last many years with proper care.
Additionally, implants feel and function just like natural teeth. They also don’t require special care, so you can brush and floss them as usual. Although the treatment process can take several months, the long-term benefits are worth the wait.
The decision to replace your teeth is one that only you can make. However, it is ideal to seek treatment to replace missing teeth immediately. This prevents complications from tooth loss from developing.
It will also depend on the tooth replacement procedure you choose. For example, the extraction site needs to heal before dental implants and dentures can be placed. This can take several weeks to a few months.