A bright, white and healthy smile is the best feature one can have – after all, most people think that it is the very first thing people notice!
Dr Greg and the Team at Dentalcare of Forrestfield have put together their 5 top tips on how to keep your pearly whites healthy this winter!
5 Tips for Healthy, White Teeth
- Brush Your Teeth After Each Meal. Proper oral hygiene is important in maintaining healthy, white teeth and that means brushing after every meal, or at least twice a day. Make sure you’re using a soft-bristled toothbrush, as anything more can damage the enamel and gums.
- Eat a Teeth-Healthy Diet. What you eat affects your teeth, especially when the foods are sugary and highly acidic. By eating teeth-healthy foods, you’re protecting the enamel and preventing bacteria from forming and spreading throughout the mouth. Examples of teeth-healthy foods include: chicken, cheese, nuts, milk, fruits and vegetables. (It’s also best to limit beverages that can stain teeth, such as coffee, soda and red wine)
- Floss! Flossing is a very important aspect of proper oral hygiene. Regular flossing can decrease cavities, prevent bad breath, and keep teeth pearly white!
- Visit Your Dentist Every 6 Months. Booking in for Regular dental check-ups are one of the easiest ways to maintain healthy, white teeth. Your dentist will be able to clean your teeth more thoroughly than your toothbrush, all while checking for signs of cavities, gingivitis, and plaque buildup.
- Quit Smoking. Not only is smoking Bad for your heart and lungs, but it’s also bad for your teeth, gums and mouth. Smoking causes bad breath, tooth discoloration, increased plaque and tartar build up, gum disease, and more. Even smokeless tobacco can wear down your teeth and gums, exposing the roots of your teeth and increasing the risk of tooth decay.
Dentalcare of Forrestfield Teeth Whitening Services
Achieve a Whiter. Brighter. You.
- poladay and polanight both contain fluoride, which remineralises the tooth surface to protect against tooth sensitivity.
Safe and convenient
- poladay and polanight’s unique, high water content formulation has a neutral pH and high viscosity to protect your gums during treatment. The tacky feel remains securely in place throughout the procedure.
- Your desired whitening effect can be achieved in as little as 15 minutes or can be conveniently applied overnight while you sleep. There are a variety of different strengths of poladay and polanight that you can use at home – use the polaSelector below to choose the product that is most suitable for you.
poladay is a neutral pH teeth whitening formulation that can achieve your desired whitening effect in as little as 30 minutes a day. poladay contains fluoride to remineralise your teeth and protect them against tooth sensitivity.
poladay is available in the following strengths, with the higher concentration of hydrogen peroxide able to deliver tooth whitening results in a shorter period of time due to the formulation containing more active ingredient.
- 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 6% hydrogen peroxide
- 7.5% hydrogen peroxide
- 9.5% hydrogen peroxide
poladay CP is super fast take home whitening with a unique formulation that enables you to whiten your tooth in 15 minutes a day. poladay CP is designed for those people who need to jump start their tooth whitening in a short space of time. poladay CP is only available in 1 strength.
- 35% carbamide peroxide